Danziger Legal PLLC

Call Now For A Consultation

Toll Free:

(800) 619-3570

New York City:

(212) 786-7950

Westchester County:

(914) 719-6970

Danziger Legal PLLC

As a Seller, you want to make sure that the current use of the property is compliant with the local zoning laws and rules. You should also ensure that you have the appropriate building department records on file authorize the current use of the property. This usually entails there being a Certificate of Occupancy on file at the building department authorizing the use of the property as a one-family dwelling, two-family dwelling, etc.

Therefore, if you are marketing your property to potential buyers as a three-family home, you should make sure the property is indeed zoned as a three-family. The property should also have a Certificate of Occupancy or other document authorizing the property’s use as a three-family dwelling filed with the Building Department. Likewise, if you are using the property for any commercial or business activities, you should make sure that those activities are authorized and lawful.

If you are using the property in an unauthorized fashion, you are likely to run into problems when you decide to sell the property, as most Purchasers will expect the property to be legal for its current uses and will, therefore, require zoning and building department compliance.

For more information on Land Use & Zoning Issues In A Real Estate Transaction, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (800) 619-3570 today.

Elliot Danziger, Esq.

Toll Free: (800) 619-3570
New York City: (212) 786-7950
Westchester County: (914) 719-6970

Accessibility Close Menu
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U